Pål Jensen wrote:

Rumors (whose reliablity is unknown to me) has it that the lens is postponed due to modification of the AF performance of the lens. What this means is unclear, but it could be that Pentax upgraded it from plain D FA to a D FA with USM.

UD-FA?

My guess is that this full frame lens was originally also targeted at users of older cameras with full backward compatibility. However, they may have decided that it is better idea to make it technically up to date and more future proof. If USM is included it means that it won't AF on older bodies.

If so, it can be postponed for ages, as there is no camera to take advantage of it (past, current and foreseeable). Older cameras cannot use it because of USM, why planned cameras don't need FF coverage (or FF is around the corner, which I doubt so much).

Dario