Frantisek wrote:
> I ask for some comments on the following heads, please....

> ballhead - cheap but heavy enough for me is #168 - any comments
> on it?  Using with up to 500mm lenses or medium format camera
> (and future upgrade to some smaller LF, crown graphic or similar) ?

> or 3-way head, #029 or #329 ? or cheaper MA 141 RC ?

Hi Frantisek,

According to Manfrotto specs, one would think that the 168 would meet your
load requirements.  I haven't used a 168, but I've read that this ballhead
is a bit jerky and the movements are not smooth.  Also, I've read that the
double-action feature (separate lock for panning motions) is not too useful.
I would also like to hear anyone's comments on the Manfrotto 168/ Bogen
3055.  I'm watching eBay for a 308 ballhead, but I'm not planning on using
it for the kind of loads you mention.

I recently purchased a used 029 3-way head and I'm quite satisfied with it.
This one would certainly support your heavy gear.  Perhaps this one might be
the best choice?

Hope this helps.

Bill Peifer
Rochester, NY