Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

It may seem cold to say so, but he should probably have done more thorough research if that was his intent. The DL is the bottom of the line DSLR body ... Why should one assume that all things from the past are compatible with the least expensive body, intended for newcomers to the brand? Features are dropped to allow lower pricing on such equipment.

Your point about research is very valid. However, the -DL is the first Pentax since the Super-A not to feature TTL flash, thus the surprise. Also, Pentax at the time did not have but the puny 360 available, and still doesn't have something better.

And I'm not even sure the 360 works well on the D. I didn't check that combo enough to be sure, but I have that feeling from a few shots I took. At the end of the day, I'm afraid that the only TTL flash working well on the D to be the Sigma EF500 DG.

I do hope the next AF540FGZ will be capable to do the same, but I haven't had the chance to check it. Sure I will no longer buy a Pentax product without advance careful research and test on compatibility. Too high a risk to be fooled.

Apologies for the conjecture, but I doubt salespersons have realised the chop unless someone has returned a body to them for that reason.

I know I would.

That's exactly what happened.

Dario