Thibouille wrote:

Well, DL was not supposed to replace the DS.
DL is just a lower spec DS. Good or bad i don't know but it is logical
something is missing on the DL compared to the DS and DL being a more
"coming from bridge" type of camera I guess the middle user buying a
DL shouldn't be bothered by the lack of plain TTL.

Unfortunately, in practice the DL replaced the Ds, which in turn replaced the D. I know that's not supposed to be the case, but it was what happened in many countries, where Pentax importers only distributed a body at a time.

In Italy, D distribution ended December 2004 (clearance sale of last 12 cameras happened in January 2005), while DS and DL overlapped for 2-3 months in late 2005.

So, there's usually no real choice for anybody wanting to buy a Pentax DSLR over here: one model at a time, always stepping down as models are replaced :-(

The situation might change this April, when the Samsung GX-1S (DS2) is supposed to be on sale. BTW, have you noticed that Samsung DSLR manuals are available for download at www.samsungcamera.com ?

Dario