Hi Ken,

I think it's a good shot. They often let the wings fall towards the ventral side
so that it's difficult to get the whole wing into focus at the same time. IMO,
it looks like a good trade-off between DOF and blurred background.

Still, I do think the background is a bit busy. Not in texture, of course, but
in colour intensity. In the shooting situation, I think I would have tried to
avoid a bright background, but that's something you know just as well as I
do...:-) Some post-processing of the shot you have could reduce the effect of
the colour (eg. using Selective Colour in Photoshop, to take some juice out of
the green).

Also, I think maybe the colours on abdomen would be more justified if contrast
was reduced a little bit.

Still, all in my subjective opinion, of course.

Thanks for posting.

Jostein