----- Original Message -----
From: John Cohen

Subject: August PUG comments

> " Neon Glow " by  William Robb, Canada
>
> I like everything about this abstract/realist picture except,
maybe, the
> background, which looks like Formica; it's a little fussy for
this
> minimalist view. This is one of those pictures I wish I had
taken; such a
> nice, simple idea. You must have tried all sorts of exposures
to get this
> one. The nicest feature is the little filament at the bottom.

That is the bottom of a 20 or so foot neon tube at the entrance
to the local exhibition grounds. The background is some sort of
concrete tile. Anyway, I was getting desparate for an image for
the gallery, and remembered that slide from about 10 years back.
I had been out doing some sort of photo shoot at one of the
buildings at the exhibition (probably photographing bovines, or
possibly a high school graduation, I don't remember, and they
are of a muchness sometimes) and on the way out we had stopped
at the entrance to decide which bar we were going to unwind in.
For some reason, I had the LX in the car with me, and I pulled
it out and made one exposure of the neon tube from ground level.
Thanks for the kind comments.
Bill