On 8 Apr 2006 at 9:32, Bob Shell wrote:

> If they did that they'd have to actually pay out on each item sold.
> Rebate offers rely on the fact that fewer than 50% of people actually
> get around to mailing in for the rebate.  Then the rebate redeeming
> companies have a policy of rejecting a certain percentage for BS
> reasons, let's say another 50%.  Result, the company offering the
> rebate actually pays out on 25% or so of the items sold.

In Oz that would be very close to being deemed a scam at face value and a
handful of anecdotes like I've just read would probably provide due cause to
the regulatory authorities to investigate their legitimacy.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http:/home.swiftdsl.com.au/~distudio/publications/
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998