Its mostly a jpeg or raw thing for me Shel.

My equine work is 99.9% jpeg, so i can get a 3 day weekend on a CD assuming
700mb of data
or less.

However, if i do my personal shooting over a weekend, i might have enough pef's
or nef's
to fill 3-4
CD's, so i use dvd's to keep space in my Caselogic holders.

Case in point, after GFM last year, it took 5 CD's to back up my pictures. If i
had a DVD
recorder at that
time, i could have put them all on one DVD. It is slow to back up on my PC as
its only USB
1 to the
Maxtor.

Dave

                                > The size of files created by PEFs (and I
suppose some other raw formats)