In a message dated 4/27/2006 2:18:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I have a sub-poll: how many of those who primarily shoot digital think
it's a good idea to also invest time and money in retaining an
'analog' (print/transparency) copy of your photos in a suitable
archive?
=======
I think it's a good idea, actually. I'd like to turn my best digital pictures
into transparencies (is that the word? slide film thingees?). I think it
would be more likely that someone later discovering my pictures as
transparencies
would be less likely to chuck them. Not all my pics, just the best. And stored
in a fireproof something, they'd probably keep a long time.

I presume it can be done. But I haven't priced it and it is probably
prohibitive. OTOH, along with everything else digital that may change. Costs
may come
down. Certainly there are enough of us out here who worry about archiving that
that might happen. We shall see.

Marnie aka Doe