To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: Deleting Files From Memory Cards

Shel -
I follow the same routine based on what I've come to learn -
+ Delete by reformatting in camera.

I believe there is a possibility of file corruption caused by deletion via computer but I can't recall the reasons why.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shel Belinkoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Deleting Files From Memory Cards

Over the past few months I've read that one shouldn't delete files from a
memory card in the computer, and that the deletions should take place in
the camera, preferably by formatting the card because it's a faster
operation than deletion and because formatting may fix any anomalies. I've
also read that it doesn't matter where the files are deleted.
Additionally, it's been written that one shouldn't format the cards in the
computer, but to use the camera in which the card will be used.  I agree
with that if for no other reason than it feels right and comfortable.

So, what's the consensus on deletion - FWIW, I've deleted frequently in the
computer because it's fast and simple, and have yet to encounter any
problems - although that's not an indication that there may not be a
problem in the future.

If you feel like commenting on the formatting issue, please do - other
ideas are welcome.

Shel