I have but it all depends on the photo and the .jpg quality one is saving
at.  I must admit I saw it really fast when using a Sony Mavica. I preferred
.tiffs over .jpgs for this reason and because by their nature .jpgs are
lossy compression.  I felt I was truly getting a '1st gen' image with
.tiffs, where with .jpgs out of camera, I already had an image that may not
contain everything that was shot.

This may be a little simplistic or a splitting of hairs, but it made sense
to me.

Tom C.