On Sat, 24 Jun 2006, John Francis wrote:
> as it is on the MZ bodies.  But, instead, we got cameras with the
> control interface of the PZ bodies, where the lens is left set to
> the "A" setting, and everything is controlled by the finger/thumb
> control wheels on the body.  My *ist-D is, operationally, almost
> identical to my PZ-1p.

Woah, evidently I misread what was originally said.. I didn't grasp this
at all.

So... I have to set the aperature from the camera body? I don't have the
privlege of doing it the right way, with the ring on the lens itself?

My interest just waned that much more. I'm evidently going to continue
being a bitter hold out, and to think, I was close to wafflign when I saw
the prices at B&H (I didn't realize they had gone so low, down to $420 for
some variation, the DL*ist I suppose).

Sigh, I guess it was a sign of the times when the FAJ without the
aperature rings came out. I presume the "DA" lenses are specifically
designed to not cover full frame and are also FAJ mount?

Maybe its time I buy that Leica after all and ascend to snobbery the
proper way. :) Gah, next thing someone'll tell me they've gone all funny,
too...

--
http://www.infotainment.org       <->     more fun than a poke in your eye.
http://www.eighteenpercent.com    <->     photography and portfolio.