For starters,

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/expose-right.shtml

As a general rule, the photogs I know with whom I've discussed the problem,
all expose in a similar manner.  There are, of course, times when that's
not appropriate, just as underexposing " 0.3-0.5 F-stop ALL THE TIME" is
not appropriate.  If that's really what you do, then I'd have to agree with
Aaron's assessment that you don't know how to expose properly.  Exposing
plus or minus "all the time" as a matter of course means that there will be
plenty of times you'll not be getting the ideal exposure.

Shel