It's probably more expensive than you want, but the Epson R2400 makes
superb B&W or color prints with no cross-contamination of anything.
It's all done with the standard, OEM Epson K3 inkset. I printed
*everything* for my show using the R2400 from business cards to the
presentation photos on the wall, to the signage and statements, etc
etc. Only things I didn't print were the four color glossy packets
for the press and the post cards, although I printed the prototypes.

This is a workhorse printer of impeccable quality with an inkset that
has high archival quality. I have not yet seen a single blocked
nozzle, it uses a reasonable amount of ink (considering how much ink
matte surface papers can drink to give you a proper black!), it's had
no paper handling problems, handles thick or thin cut sheet, roll
paper, etc etc.

Dye sub has a limited domain of appeal. I'd buy a dedicated dye sub
for 4x6 color prints, like the Oly P10, but nothing more. Any dye sub
printer capable of printing to a quality 8x10" print is going to cost
at least half as much as the R2400 (likely more) and will have a
fraction of the R2400's versatility and capabilities.

Godfrey