Bob W wrote:

> Thanks for the replies.
>
> If I buy an inkjet I will need to buy 2 inkjets, and part of my
> problem is space. I really don't have the space to have 2 lots of
> inksets, papers, printers etc. in the room. Plus I already have a
> laser printer which I use for text, and an old Epson inkjet which
> needs throwing away. So I would have 3 printers in a room that's too
> small anyway.
>
> The reason I will need 2 is that I want to be able to print black &
> white as well as colour, and it seems to be considered best to use
> separate inkjets for this to avoid cross-contamination of inks. I
> don't think this applies to dye-subs because of the nature of the
> method.

Bob
I bought a 220 when my older Epson died and like it a lot...
I though it did a very good job of printing a black and
white print
on the Epson premium glossy paper and the price was
certainly good...
I scanned the neg in gray scale and I set the printer
settings to
black ink only when I printed... that seemed to do the trick
Previously, the prints I made in black and white hat too
warm a cast.

When I printed wet prints my paper of choice was Oriental
Seagull
for it's nice cold whites and deep blacks I sound like an ad

ann