We are probably having a "tangential conversation". :-)

I was referring to a traditional print.  The enlarger has filters for the
light source that affect the color balance of the light that reaches the
negative.

My point is that traditionally a filtering mechanism is used either at image
capture time or at print time to provide color correction for the rendered
image. By suggesting a warming filter in Photoshop be used, I was merely
suggesting that an analog of the traditional approach be used.

I don't know the best way to something all the time, but I may know a way
that works. :-)

Tom C.