> How often do you have these things at Grandfather
> Mountain? They sound like fun. Is there a permanent
> fixture there, or is it just at certain times?

There are two photo events annually on Grandfather Mountain.  The Nature
Photo weekend is always the first weekend after Memorial Day.  It starts on
Friday afternoon and continues until around noon on Sunday.  Film for the
"contest" must be turned in by 2:00 Saturday afternoon and is returned
around 8:30 Sunday morning.  There are guest speakers on Saturday evening
and Sunday morning giving slide show and their techniques for nature
photography.  This is usually a very humbling experience since these guys
make it look and sound much easier than it really is.

The second event is the Camera Clinic, always held on the 3rd weekend in
August. (A great time of the year to cool off from the heat at an elevation
of ~5000 feet.).  Whereas the Nature Photo weekend is geared for amateurs,
the Camera Clinic is basically designed for PJ's, though we amateurs are
always welcome.

Rumor has it that there will possibly be PDML members as featured speakers
at both events in 2002.

Bill, KG4LOV
[EMAIL PROTECTED]