Hi Tim,
    For the 100-300 zoom, take a look at some Sigmas if your not wanting to
spend alot. They've got a couple of 100-300's and a couple of 70-300's as
well. There's a 70-300 APO macro 4-5.6 which sells at B&H for $219 USD and
I've heard/seen some good things about it. I own the super-el-cheapo 100-300
DL 4.5-6.7 ($129 USD), but hey....it is what it is: a $129 zoom. I only pull
it out of the bag a couple of times a month, and it's given me some nice,
clear shots for the money. Anyway, the 70-300 APO may be more of a
"resonable" zoom for a few extra bucks. Like most things in life, you get
what you pay for, but I've got a couple of Sigmas and have found them to be
a good value when on a tight budget and they've given me some nice photos.
Cya,
Jeff Eikenberry
Muskegon, MI USA