I usually take photographs for a local triathlon.  I tend to take
pictures showing crowds, advertising, and the like.  This year, due to
nepotism, I was ´relieved´ of my duties.

        I asked for and received a contact sheet of the photos he took.  I
believe him to be a sports photographer due to things mentioned to me, I was
never introduced to him.   The main reason I asked for the photos was
because during the swim start he positioned himself looking into the sun
while all the rest of the photographers had the sun somewhat behind us.  I
wanted to see the outcome of these shots.  They were not in the bunch I saw.

        Anyhow, the one thing that I noticed - as did the squadron
photographer I showed them to and two non-photographers, was that the
photographer was burning film.  It amazed me that he took four to six
consecutive shots (mash down the shutter release button) of people standing
over timing chips, inspecting their bicycle, making a transaction in the
sports expo.  On the other hand, I would see an interesting shot in my mind
and then take one maybe two shots when I thought the moment to be right.

        Is his style attributable to a sports photography mindset perhaps?
Not being in the profession, nor having talked to many who are I figured I
would tap the vast knowledge of the list.

                Thank you for your time,

                César Matamoros II
                Panama City, Florida