I don't disagree with you, David.  Pointing a camera with an 8 or 12
frame auto winder at a moving object at a sporting event, and trusting
that you'll get a few good shots may not be "art", or "fun".  Anyone
who's looked at PUG over the last few months will see that over the years
I've shot a few moving bikes and cars, all with an old manual body (and
I'm sure it shows!).

I'm quite content with the results that I've gotten by trying to capture
shots in that matter - not that I'm any good at it or anything.

OTOH, were I a "pro" (I shudder to use <that> word!), I'd be out there
shooting the most frames I could per second, with a bulk film holder,
etc, etc.  When ya gotta make a living at it, and ya gotta get a shot
that's publishable...

regards,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist fears it is true." -J. Robert