On Jul 27, 2006, at 8:26 AM, David J Brooks wrote:
> Just wondering.
>
> I'm cut off from the site as i have to many photos uploaded(72 and i'm
> not a paying member). Unless i clear them off OR pay for a
> subscription, i'm out of luck, for now.
>
> Just wondering, how many have ponied up the subscription $$, or do you
> just keep the maximum of 5 shots on the site.

I have only a free account on photo.net and don't use it as a
repository for my web pictures.

I much prefer to have my own domain and webserver that I control the
HTML content of explicitly, and the price (paid in advance) for five
years lease on the domain name plus email plus 30G of storage space
plus webserver, web development support, ftp, etc etc was only $280.

I also get storage space (1G default, expandable up to 10G) and
webserver capabilities (plus email, web-mail interface, backup
software, integrated network storage, etc) with my mac.com accounts
(both ramarren and godders) at $8/month, paid in advance annually.
Only thing not provided with that service is the internet service,
which costs as little as $12/month as part of my cable or phone
service to the apartment. For casual users, that's more than adequate.

Godfrey