On Jul 27, 2006, at 11:34 AM, David J Brooks wrote:

> Its mainly for a sharing feature. Showing Paws and what not. I don't
> have a lot of spare room on my normal website, so i like to put casual
> shots somewere else, as i tend to forget them and leave them on
> forever.:-)
>
>> I also get storage space (1G default, expandable up to 10G) and
>> webserver capabilities (plus email, web-mail interface, backup
>> software, integrated network storage, etc) with my mac.com accounts
>> (both ramarren and godders) at $8/month, paid in advance annually.
>
> I have a .mac account, but have not used it. I quess i should. I keep
> forgetting its available.

You should use your .Mac account for those things, since you already
have the service and it is perfectly capable for that intent. Access
to it is built into Mac OS X, and there's also an application
provided by Apple that would allow you access to it from your Windows
system.

>> I much prefer to have my own domain and webserver that I control the
>> HTML content of explicitly, and the price (paid in advance) for five
>> years lease on the domain name plus email plus 30G of storage space
>> plus webserver, web development support, ftp, etc etc was only $280.
>
> Phewww. My caughtinmotion has 100mb and 20 mg for email and i pay
> around $300 per year.

You should look into rehosting your domain. I'm using godaddy.com,
they were very helpful and the pricing was very good.

Godfrey