Quoting Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Jul 27, 2006, at 8:26 AM, David J Brooks wrote:
>> Just wondering.
>>
>> I'm cut off from the site as i have to many photos uploaded(72 and i'm
>> not a paying member). Unless i clear them off OR pay for a
>> subscription, i'm out of luck, for now.
>>
>> Just wondering, how many have ponied up the subscription $$, or do you
>> just keep the maximum of 5 shots on the site.
>

> I have only a free account on photo.net and don't use it as a
> repository for my web pictures.

Its mainly for a sharing feature. Showing Paws and what not. I don't
have a lot of spare room on my normal website, so i like to put casual
shots somewere else, as i tend to forget them and leave them on
forever.:-)

> I much prefer to have my own domain and webserver that I control the
> HTML content of explicitly, and the price (paid in advance) for five
> years lease on the domain name plus email plus 30G of storage space
> plus webserver, web development support, ftp, etc etc was only $280.

Phewww. My caughtinmotion has 100mb and 20 mg for email and i pay
around $300 per year.

> I also get storage space (1G default, expandable up to 10G) and
> webserver capabilities (plus email, web-mail interface, backup
> software, integrated network storage, etc) with my mac.com accounts
> (both ramarren and godders) at $8/month, paid in advance annually.

I have a .mac account, but have not used it. I quess i should. I keep
forgetting its available.

> Only thing not provided with that service is the internet service,
> which costs as little as $12/month as part of my cable or phone
> service to the apartment. For casual users, that's more than adequate.
>
> Godfrey

Equine Photography in York Region