-----Original Message-----

From:  "Tom C" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subj:  Re: K110D - Why bother?
Date:  Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:18 pm
Size:  2K
To:  pdml@pdml.net

Your last interrogative (Why not sell it?) was more or less where I was
coming from.  Will it sell *that* well? I'm not doubting the results from a
6MP camera obviously as that's what we have at the moment.

As you correctly stated, the marketing bar is raised. Currently Nikon and
Pentax are the only mfrs. actively selling a 6MP DSLR.  To have engineered
and fabricated a *new* 6MP DSLR, when by all accounts 6MP is for the most
part (from my perception) considered passe, seems kind of foolish.

As a casual shopper with no brand allegiance and not worrying about money,
it would instantly jump out at me that Canon sells 8 & 12 MP cameras, while
Pentax is selling 6 and 10MP cameras.

I'm not trying to start an argument, just stating my opinion that quite
soon, if not already, new 6MP DSLR's will be viewed as a low-end beginner's
camera, regardless of picture quality. Perception is often everything in the
marketplace.

Tom C.

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or
numbered."