Bob W wrote:

> I've never understood this, so maybe somebody could enlighten me. What
> makes people think they have to crop the image to fit the paper?
>
> To my mind it's a brain-upside-down way of thinking, but I've heard
> and read it so often that perhaps it's me that's got something wrong.
> Cut the paper to fit the image!
>
> --
> Cheers,
>  Bob

Agreed

Actually, just leave a substantial border around it and cut
the MAT to fit the image :)

When I showed, I always had someone else cut the mats -
anyone who has witnessed what
a klutz I am would agree I should do that.  and I assembled
frames myself - I fancied
12" x 16" frames usually leaving a large white border.  I
had no idea that frame shape
was a trend bucking one - the proportions just looked good
to me.

ann