-----Original Message-----

From:  "Tom C" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subj:  Re: CF v SD Cards
Date:  Tue 2006 Aug 22 11:56 am
Size:  1K
To:  pdml@pdml.net

Faster... noticeably to humans or just to chronometers measuring in
nanoseconds?

Tom C.

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or
numbered."

From: Aaron Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: CF v SD Cards
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 06:37:23 -0400

On Aug 22, 2006, at 6:20 AM, Cotty wrote:

 > Seems to me that SD is becoming the consumer standard. CF is still a
 > professional standard and I don't see any sign of that changing. I
 > would
 > suspect that there are probably good reasons for that.

Considering that most "pro" bodies are physically much bigger, there's
not as much compelling upside to switch.

But if you gave me the option between a larger, slower card and a
smaller, faster card for the same money, I'd take the smaller, faster
card every time.  Why wouldn't you?

-Aaron