Hi,

Shel wrote:

> One thing that may help new B&W shooters is to spend some time looking
> through a filter that desaturates the color, and renders the scene
> closer to what will be on the film than what your eye sees.  These are
> sometimes referred to as B&W Viewing Filters.  These are essentially a
> Wratten #90 filter in some sort of frame which can be worn around the
> neck or carried in a pocket.

this is very good advice. One thing that works for me is to use a YG
or light yellow filter (esp. if I'm shooting with an SLR). I like the
effect that a YG filter has on b&w film very much, bringing the tones
closer to what we normally see, and it has the additional effect of
monochromatising (is that a word?) what I'm looking at, which helps
me with visualisation.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Il faut être toujours botté et prêt à partir.

One should always have one's boots on and be ready to leave.

- Michel de Montaigne (1533-1592)