----- Original Message -----
From: "KEN TAKESHITA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>As Canon themselves admit, cameras with FF
> sensors would be too big and heavy to carry.  Cameras not carried
> would be photos not taken.

They don't have to be as big. The Pentax 645D is in fact smaller and will
have twice the sensor. Canon make big camera because they sell better than
small ones according to their marketing philosophy (big is expensive; small
is cheap - I saw this in an interview with an engineer; they dicide first
the size of the thing based on marketing, then make it so). Look at the Elan
II; a crappy entry level slr approaching the size of a Pentax medium format
camera for no other reason that it will impress the customer in the shop who
seem to get more (air) for their money. Making something small cost money;
sometimes a lot if you really want to do real miniaturization.

Pål