On 8/30/06 12:28 PM, "graywolf", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> They certainly are not production line
> items. So if you want one specific to producing large sensors you can
> get one at little or no extra cost.

I am not an expert of course, but the stepper is pretty much a standard
fixture in any chip or LCD production line, which is also pretty much
standardized, except for the capacity.  Because of the price of these
machines (usually tens of million dollars at least), I am sure they are
customizable but they are not hand-made machines.
Nikon alone sell about 1,000 units a year (probably of various sizes and
capabilities).  They have catalogues of series of these machines.

Also see below for their machines.

http://www.nikon.co.jp/main/eng/news/1997/jan01_97.htm

http://www.ave.nikon.co.jp/pec_e/products/ic.htm

Cheerss,