On 8/30/06, K.Takeshita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/30/06 10:00 AM, "graywolf", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Another point is that if you do not have the tools to manufacture what
> > you want to sell, you eventually produce the tooling to do it. Put
> > another way, if you can not now produce the FF sensors in a one step
> > process, that does not mean you will not be able to in a couple of years.
>
> I agree with this too.

And I am sure Nikon can produce the stepper that can do the FF size,
but they probably see no reasonable market for it, at lkeast not yet.
The machine is awfully expensive and unless there are enough buyers,
they simply do not produce it.  Probably the same for Canon.  They may
have developed such a machine but not for a commercial use yet.  If
they produce the machine, they just have to sell it to other chip
makers to keep the cost down.

Cheers,

Ken