Ahhh .... just more speculation.  Thanks!  However, it would be nice if the
K10D supported current AF technology and could be adaptable to newer,
USM-type lenses in the future, giving the camera both backwards and
forwards lens compatibility.

There's a K100D in a store not far from me.  I may take a drive over today
or tomorrow to take a look at it and to try out the shake reduction.

Are there any pics around showing the lens mount on the K100D, which show
these unused contacts.  I'd like to see where they are so I can ask some
questions of the sales person I'm about to annoy ;-))

Shel