Basically, I would hope that Pentax puts more effort in bringing out higher
end models sooner as opposed to thinking of how to make the price lower.
The power houses can beat them out when it comes to price wars.

However if Pentax, say, comes out with a 12+ MP version of the K10D in the
next 12 months, then they are making a statement that they are interested in
continuous improvement, and truly competing, not just filling a market
niche.

I'm basically saying, I hope they don't churn out ad nauseum lesser
variations of the K10D while their competitors offer upgrades of their
existing models.

I'm not complaining.  I'm saying the K10D looks like a very desirable
camera. Now build on that, continue to offer more not less.

Tom C.