On 15/09/06, Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I paid much more as well for both of my D cameras, and I was
> surprised at the price point. But if Pentax can meet the demand and
> show a profit at that price, it's a tremendous achievement. I think

Of course it doesn't bother me personally that it's cheaper than
expected, I could buy more than one without a problem but I can't see
it being the best marketing move, but as you say time will tell. I'm
still very confused as to what Samsung will bring to the party, I've
done a lot of reading up on what they do and why and there doesn't
seem to be any focus on high end imaging either now or in the future.
And given that the Samsung branded lenses are being produced in Pentax
factories and I assume to this point so are the Pentax bodies I'm yet
to understand where they come into it.

Pentax facilities have been upgraded recently, this was visible in
their financial reports and press releases but I wonder what
percentage increase in production capability they have built in. I
know these questions are likely not easily answered but I can't help
thinking, it's just what I do.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA