Are we still debating this?

On Sep 16, 2006, at 9:12 PM, Brendan MacRae wrote:

> Using a dial on a camera body to control the aperture
> is nuts to me. I don't see it as an advantage either.
> To me it seems cumbersome and ridiculous.

Six years ago I felt the same way. But now I find the on-body control
of aperture and shutter speed more useful: it proves to be faster and
easier with less hand movement to achieve what I want. Overall,
however, it really doesn't matter to me at all anymore. I use several
different cameras and adapt to whatever controls they have, use them
with equal facility.

Godfrey