On 17/09/06, Brendan MacRae <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm going to have to get used to not having them I
> suppose, but I don't see the advantage...I just don't
> see it.

That's because the advantage is not yours, it's to the manufacturer,
they can produce a cheaper interface and then add a heap of
"functionality" that they can then use in marketing. Regardless of the
stream of arguments that have been produced to support the dropping of
aperture ring support I would still like to see it and I would pay
more for a body that had it. We know it's possible to produce a body
that provides control via aperture ring and control dial but
apparently it's just not something we need.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA