Hello, my name is Kevin Thornsberry and I submitted a picture to the September PUG
with a Sigma lens.

whew . . .I feel better.

For October I had planned to submit a picture taken with my ZX-5n and my Pentax FA
28-200, but also with a cheap old Soligor 2x converter I needed to get the shot.  I've
since replaced the Soligar 2X with Pentax 1.4x and 2x converters.  Please advise.

Lasse wrote:
> Maybe because the submission guidelines says that during open months
>pictures shot with non Pentax equipment are welcome...

Well, that's what I thought.  I wasn't trying to break the PUG rules.  The fact is, I
own two non-Pentax branded lenses (and one is in my "to be sold" category).  The other
is my Sigma 20/1.8 Ex.  Now, I have no problem living within the rules.  I'm not going
to lie about what I use so if you say that I can't submit pictures with my Sigman 20
then I'll  probably just sit some months out since I'm really enjoying using it but
for me, when I'm walking around with my Pentax/Sigma combo I'm not a Sigma shooter.
I'm a Pentax shooter.  Sigma has produced an accessory that permits me to get more
enjoyment out of my Pentax equipment.  Pentax doesn't really have a lens I consider
equivalent.  Consequently, if you take a vote, I'd vote for allowing any pictures with
some component being Pentax, generally body or lens. However, I reserve some respect
for the rebels in this world who will put a Pentax filter (I understand that Pentax
SMC filters are of very high quality) on the front of !
a Fijayamigushi system they bought on the home shopping network for $19.99 just to
make a statement.  If they do, the PDML will deliver the appropriate "Boos" and
"Hisses".  In the mean time I have a few more confessions to make

+  I replaced the Pentax neck strap on my Zx-5n with one by Op-Tech.

+  I once considered buying an Olympus right angle finder because I heard they fit
+some Pentax bodies.

+  I have numerous Pentax lenses purchased from KEH that were later fitted with "no
+name" lens caps.

+  I recently posted a message to the PDML which contained some remarks in favor of
+digital photography.

+  I filter most threads about Spotmatics and LXs.

+  I once admired a Nikon F5 in a store.  I looked really big and it was all black.

+  I occaisionally post messages in rich-text format.  (Purely by accident, I promise)

+  I removed a tag from my mattress which clearly stated, "Do no remove under penalty
+of law."

+  I drink directly from the milk jug.

+  I swim within a hour of eating.

+  I think "Seinfeld" was a dumb show.

+  I was a little insulted by Bob Blakely's remarks.

+  I used to think Disco was cool.

Kevin Thornsberry