On Sep 28, 2006, at 8:32 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> You might consider 'hiding' your email address as a clickable image
> rather than as text on the contact page. It cuts down on spam.

If the email address is embedded as a mailto: link on the image,
spammers will still get hold of it.

To avoid having the email address embedded in the HTML code you
either have to have a contact form, or engage in a little trickery.

FWIW my site uses a little PHP snippet which generates a randomised
call to a simple javascript function that writes the text.  I did
this in the hope that spam-harvesters don't have javascript
interpreters.  It seems to be working OK so far, but my pages won't
quite validate due to the inline use of noscript tags (I'll withhold
my grumbling).

- Dave