On Oct 2, 2006, at 12:17 AM, Jack Davis wrote:

> Film affords one a quiet period of relaxation and gentle anticipation
> between the shooting and the viewing. Sorta nice change, huh?

I'm not sure that this is any different for me. I don't shoot
quickly, and don't do much other than glance at a one second review
flash to see if I'm close with the exposure now and then unless the
lighting situation is very difficult. I shoot about the same number
of frames per session (about 35-100) as I used to with 35mm film
too .. With film, I used to bracket a bit more since I can't check
the overall exposure so easily. That's about the biggest difference.
And of course, with 1 and 2 Gbyte storage cards, I "change rolls"
much more infrequently, don't have to spend an hour (or money) in
chemical processing.

I enjoy doing photography in much the same way, regardless of capture
medium.

Godfrey