On Oct 2, 2006, at 2:02 PM, Jack Davis wrote:
> In my case, when on a photo/sightseeing trip, I don't want editing or
> PS capability, simply a way of clearing the card to safe storage 'til
> returning home.
> Odd, I suppose, but the image processing will be done as a separate
> event.

I did that on last year's trip ... The Epson P2000 sucked down all
the exposures and all I could do was review them until I got home.
Image processing of any kind was after the fact.

This year I brought the laptop with me not just to continue
conversation with folks but to actually review and do some selection/
ranking/editing work while here. I find it works better for me to
review/rank/edit a little bit after a day's session rather than wait
much longer than that. (Which is why in the film world I would always
process all my B&W film immediately and do a first pass inspection
and edit the same night...)

Actually finalizing edits and rendering out for a print won't happen
'til I return home.

Godfrey