----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Maas"
Subject: Re: OT: Who needs mega pixels?

> I'd disagree with that characterization. The MF lines that ended up
> dominating the market (Hassy, Pentax, Mamiya) all are known for being
> quite high resolution and sharp for MF glass. It simply never hit the
> resolution of the 35mm lenses.

Sometime ago, I came across a website of a fellow who had resolution
tested several dozen lenses, both medium format anf small format.
The Hasselblad lenses were not far off the 35mm lenses that he tested.
One time a fellow came to me to do an 11x14 from a hassy negative. He
had shot a picture of an apartment building, but the only way he had for
correcting the verticals was to back down the street a fairly long way.
I ended up using just slightly more than the area of a 35mm negative to
make his 11x14. At that, detail in the individual bricks facing the
building was plainly visible.

William Robb