Pushing 2 buttons instead of one is slowing down?

I also shoot with K/M lenses, don't own as many as you, but 2 of my 3
main lenses are K/M (Kiron 28/2, SMC-M 50/2, SMC-A 70-210) and I shoot
with a couple of screwmount lenses too.

You don't shoot with a Pentax DSLR, so you don't know how simple it is
in actual practice. Until you've tried it in the field, you won't.
Experience is the telling point here (I thought it would be a hassle
myself when I bought the D. It wasn't).

-Adam