Also, for landscape work. That is how you get everything from the blades
of grass in front of the camera to the mountains in the background
sharp. Folks ought to read a good book on view camera techniques just so
they will know what can be done, even if they have no interest in doing
it themselves. A tilt shift lens gives you the movements of a press
camera (front only), not those of a full view camera which has front and
back movements. As for Photoshop, a kludge is better than nothing, but
it ain't the real thing.

Interestingly there are things you can not do with a view camera that
you can easily do with 35mm/digital, and vis versa. To do a full range
of photography you really need both. However most large format users are
pretty much hidden from most of the public unlike the wedding and
photojournalist crowd, so are not as well known. It is not simply a just
matter of a bigger negative, it is a matter of control.

--
graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com