On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Mike Johnston wrote:

> Christian wrote:
>
> > I don't think I'm alone on this one.  If it were to get prohibitively
> > expensive due to decreased demand then I guess I, along with just about
> > every Nature/Wildlife photographer out there, would be SOL.
>

> I just don't believe it will. It doesn't make sense to me how it would
> happen. Even if there's only a few coating lines producing it and a small
> market a fraction the size of today's, it's still not going to be
> appreciably more expensive to produce. It might get to be double today's
> price but it's not like it's going to go up by a factor of ten. I just don't
> believe that.

Maybe we can have an idea. I don't know the prices but how much expensive
is a super-8 film today when compared to 30 years ago. We should remember
to take into account the inflaction of this period. Maybe the price will
be almost the same, if we consider the inflaction. If so, we can hope
that the film price will not increase becasue of the reduced production,
but, who knows?

Alex