Since the digest was created, majordomo, because of the server set-up, has been
reluctant to include the subject lines in the digests. No amount of wheedling,
threatening or cursing on my part had any effect. It simply refused. I cast about for
a cause, consulted the gurus, studied chicken entrails, did everything in an attempt
to divine just why it wouldn't work.

I settled on MIME. MIME is Evil. It mangles things. It had to be expunged. I found a
majordomo add-on called DEMIME and our guy at the server got it installed on the list,
which promptly blew up. This was a few months ago. I don't know if y'all remember, but
trust me, it blowed up real good. Several panic-stricken hours passed while everything
got rebuilt and reinstalled. DEMIME went to the back burner for the moment and I kept
at the digest configuration. Still, nothing helped.

We determined that we'd build a test list so we could, uh, test it out. Instead, we
sort of went into limbo. Until a new version of DEMIME appeared and I made one more
phone call early last week. Friday, As I was, literally, headed out the door for the
Labor Day weekend, I got an email from our guy. He had installed DEMIME on the list
again. I crossed my fingers and went on my trip.

I take it there was some confusion. Fear not, gentle folk, it was =not= Jody, hacking
into the list configuration in a misguided, yet arguably justified, taxman-induced
frenzy. It was just little old us, the admin and his lackey, trying to clean up a few
loose ends.

Now that MIME has been dealt a death blow, I hope, we were then able to convince the
good major to do the right thing and include the subject lines in the digests. So
that's one more thing to cross off my long list of things that need to be done for the
List.

Thanks and carry on, then

Doug
--