A scroll of mail from "Paris, Leonard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Thu,
6 Sep 2001 13:43:26 -0500
Read it? y
>There is a way to set up Outlook to only send in plain text, regardless.  On
>the screen where you can see all of your message subject lines, pull down
>the Tools menu, select options, and then select the tab that says Mail
>Format.  The top entry there will let you select plain text as your send
>mode.  That should fix your problem.

It is possible, however, that, if you're posting via a corporate
Exchange server, your sysadmin has set all outgoing mail to be RTF or
HTML.

It happened to me, and I just couldn't make them see that there was a
problem.  They'd tell me that the problem was with my mail reader at
the other end which couldn't understand HTML mail.  Eventually, I
found a workaround, and (even more eventually) they set it up
properly.

I'm presuming someone objected to the cost of the international links
being twice what they should have been due to every message
effectively being sent twice.

dave