Hi Len,

The problem is not that I'm getting HTML messages from the list.  In fact,
virtually all the ones I get from the list are plain ASCII text.  The
problem is that when I hit the reply button in my particular version of MS
Craplook '97 (Aarrgh!!  @#*^&%@#), Bill Gates' little gremlins force my
reply message -- by default -- to be sent in MIME.  Even the reply I'm now
typing to your text message would be sent out by MS Craplook '97 as MIME --
unless I manually go to the "TO" line and insert the PDML address I set up
in my personal address book (which as I said, I've manually configured to
have the attribute of text only).  The worst part is that this little
"feature" wasn't even apparent to me when I first started posting to the
list.  Several list members responded to my earliest postings and asked me
to please turn off HTML.  Heck, I wasn't even aware that I was sending out
HTML.  At least I can ~force~ Craplook to send out messages in text mode.  I
remember postings from several AOL users last winter (December?).
Apparently, it's not possible to force their particular version of AOL to
send plain-text e-mail -- these poor souls are stuck with the "feature" of
an HTML-only e-mail interface.  Quite a flame war over that whole issue at
the time, as I recall.

Just my eight bits worth....

Bill Peifer
Rochester, NY