On 20/10/06, Pål Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Huh? Pentax seems to be the best company out there regarding communicating
> with their customers. Who else are announcing their cameras and lenses up to
> a year before they hit the market? Surely we are not let to grope around in
> the dark. Now we even know there will be a body above the K10D quite soon...

I don't know if you still have your "inside contact" but for the rest
of use the information flow is limited, interrupted, confusing and yes
they may provide information before release but what's the value in
that when the products are far behind the rest of the market?

> I just don't get the recent fad where high ISO performance is the holy grail
> of photography. Until quite recently hardly anyone shot anything faster than
> 400ISO and managed quite well...

I suspect what people interested in low light shooting are saying, me
included is that we will be quite disappointed if the performance of
the previous bodies eclipses the new K10D. Given that I regularly make
use of the ISO3200 settings on my DSLR and that any form of SR won't
really assist me with the type of photos I typically shoot I know I
already have to contend with a maximum effective ISO1600. So if the
noise is worse I may be up to to stops worse off, hence the
discussions.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA