I said some ...

You have no clue as to how quickly and effortlessly the "stop down" method
works on the Pentax DSLR, nor how accurate it is.  In fact, some of us who
use the GB technique have found it to be faster than those clunky old film
bodies that used AE.  IAC, metering is not some mindless technique where a
camera is set to auto and just left their to make its own decisions about
exposure.

In addition, using the K/M lenses on the Pentax DSLR bodies allows for two
different metering modes, spot and CW.  I don't believe that option was
available on very many Pentax film bodies.  Hmmm .... could this be
something in favor of the new approach?

The point is simple: the older approach had some advantages over what's
being done now, and the newer approach has some advantages over the older
approach.  You pay your money and you make your choice.  Neither approach
is perfect.

Shel