I've used caps from many sources - Jelly Belly containers, Hershey's syrup,
older caps from Pringles, various soup cans, baking powder or baking soda
caps, etc.  I no longer remember which caps fit what hoods.  Some caps
require a wrap or two of tape around the hood to make the fit secure.  And
I don't always know the origin of the hoods.  Some are generic that I've
acquired over the years, some are Pentax hoods from Super Tak lenses, some
are Nikon HN-series hoods, and I've even used a Pentax 6x7 hood on the
A*85/1.4.

Shel