Re Schneider lens caps:

  "For any camera or enlarger lens, binocular, tele-, micro-, or
  spotting scope lens. Measure the outside diameter of the lens
  barrel. Order the size that is 1 or 2 millimeters larger than the
  size measured." B&H# SCLC52

Do you know what size fits best over Pentax's 49mm hoods? They make
50, 51, 52, 54, 56mm.

Michael